Crown Prince Olav speaks during the dedication of Enger Tower on June 15, 1939. This photo was taken by Marty Endresen, who was responsible for the sound equipment at the dedication. Endresen founded Marty Endresen Sound Co. in 1927 and ran the business at 22 W. First St. until he retired in about 1970, according to his daughter, Judy Endresen-Worthy of Stewart, Fla., who shared this picture from the family collection. His company was the predecessor to ESC Systems in Proctor.
Read the article: Memories remain of royal visit decades ago