Silver Bay Public Library News
If the homework has not yet begun in earnest, it soon will. Whether you homeschool your children, or they attend a private or public school, your library has the resources to make sure everyone is doing their very best. From books to electronic resources, there is more available through your library to keep you and your students learning throughout your entire lives. Here is just a sample:
• What Your First Grader Needs to
Know: Fundamentals of a Good First
Grade Education. Edited by E.D.
Hirsch, Jr. (This series is available
through sixth grade.)
• The Complete Guide to Home-
schooling. By John and Kathy Perry.
• Get wise! : Mastering Grammar
Skills: Don’t Use No Double
Negatives! By Mandie L. Rosenberg.
• Janice VanCleave’s Math for Every
Kid: Easy Activities That Make
Learning Math Fun. By Janice
• Phonics Games Kids Can’t Resist. By
Michelle K. Ramsey.
• Writing Well: The Essential Guide.
By Mark Tredinnick.
• Music Lessons: Guide Your Child to
Play a Musical Instrument (and enjoy
it!). By Stephanie Stein Crease.
• Art That Changed the World. Chief
consultant, Ian Chilvers
• Everything You Need to Know
About English Homework. by Anne
• Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus and
Geometry the Easy Way. (Different
books with various authors.)
There is so much more! Don’t forget the Arrowhead Library System’s wealth of information resources and search engines. Just go to http://www.arrowhead.lib.mn.us/
Don’t have a library card? Come in to the library with a photo ID. and proof of address and we’ll make sure you get a card.
Two Harbors Public Library News
The “Kayak Lady” coming for Author Talks
• Two Harbors Public Library, Wednesday, Sept. 18, at 6 p.m.
• Silver Bay Public Library, Monday, Sept. 23, at 6 p.m.
Mary Shideler has been on a fourteen-year quest to paddle all the lakes in Itasca County! The program will include stories from her book The Kayak Lady: One Woman, One Kayak, 1007 Lakes and slides of some of her observations of scenic beauty and up-close encounters with nature. These programs are made possible by the Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
New Fiction at THPL
• The Darling Dahlias and the Texas
Star, by Susan Wittig Albert
• MaddAddam, by Margaret Atwood
• The Death of a Dowager, by Joanna
• Never Go Back, by Lee Child
• Sandrine’s Case, by Thomas H. Cook
• The Mayan Secrets, by Clive Cussler
• The Whole Enchilada, by Diane
• Undead and Unsure, by MaryJanice
• Dark Lycan, by Christine Feehan
• Cuckoo’s Calling, by Robert Gabraith
(a pseudonym of J.K. Rowling.)
• The Third Kingdom, by Terry
• W is for Wasted, by Sue Grafton
• The Last Witness, by W.E.B. Griffin
• The Beast, by Faye Kellerman
• Styxx, by Sherrilyn Kenyon
• Tamarack County, by William Kent
• The Secret Keeper, by Beverly Lewis
• Rose Harbor in Bloom, by Debbie
• Cannonball, by Joseph McElroy
• Blindsided, by Fern Michaels
• Mistress, by James Patterson
• Blind Justice, by Anne Perry
• Bones of the Lost, by Kathy Reichs
• The Last Kiss Goodbye, by Karen
For more about library events, see the web sites www.silverbay.com/library.htm and www.twoharborspubliclibrary.com/