Silver Bay Public Library News
Dig Into Reading at your Library!
In the first week of sign up, over 100 readers started digging reading at the Silver Bay Public Library.
Meet at the library on June 20 at 11 a.m. for an archeological dig. Dig up some clues about your mysterious past!
There are more free benefits to having a library card
• There is no better companion on a long commute than an audio book. Your library has both downloadable books and books on cd format to choose from.
• With interlibrary loan, you can access materials far beyond the shelves of your local public library. If you need specialized information on diseases, rare plants or animals, art, etc., we can not only find an article, but probably an entire book on the subject. Find a long-lost title or a movie you remember from way back when. With interlibrary loan, if your local library doesn’t have it, the search has just begun!
• We have WiFi, internet and computer access and computer programs available to help you create business and artistic documents.
• There are wonderful speaker programs. Meet authors and other presenters and benefit from their experiences. Sit back and listen, then ask questions of people who actually live their subjects.
• If it’s a hot summer, turn the air conditioning off and come to the library. Sit in a comfy chair and read. Watch a movie or listen to a story. Use your computer or one of the library’s. We’ll keep it nice and cool inside and you won’t have to pay a thing.
Two Harbors Public Library News
Summer Reading - Kids The theme for week June 17-21 is Gnomes! Come to the library for a movie on Tuesday, June 18, then visit the library on Thursday for story time (ages 3-6) at2:30, and a gnome craft at 3 p.m.
Summer Reading - Adults and Teens The first group of book comments are available, with printouts near the box for drawing entries. See what other people are reading and get ideas about what to try next.
As of June 10, 109 children were signed up for “Dig into Reading,” 21 students in grades 6-12 for “Beneath the Surface,” and 41 adults for “Groundbreaking Reads.”
Book Sale We have had so many extra books donated this year that we can’t hold them all until September, so we’re having a sale this June! Stop by the library on Friday, June 21, from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. or Saturday, June 22, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The book sale will be in the meeting room, and if the weather cooperates, we’ll also have books out on our patio.
Selections from the New Book List:
• Minnesota Road Guide to Mysterious Creatures by Chad Lewis
• Rez Salute: The Real Healer Dealer by Jim Northrup
• The Ultimate Scholarship Book 2014 by Gen Tanabe
• The Best Value Colleges 2013 edition
• Tesla: Inventor of the Electrical Age by W. Bernard Carlson
• A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home by Sue Halpern
• The Duck Commander Family by Willie & Korie Robertson
• Gettysburg: The Last Invasion by Allen C. Guelzo
For more about library events, see the web sites www.silverbay.com/library.htm and www.twoharborspubliclibrary.com/