Silver Bay Public Library News:
On June 3, the summer reading program, “Dig into Reading” begins at the Silver Bay Public Library. Infants through young adults may sign up beginning June 3, and participate in the fun! There will be lots to see and do at the library this summer. Some of the activities include: treasure hunting, rock painting, exploring, arts and crafts, and of course, digging! We’ll have guest entertainers, a zoomobile, prizes, and a visit from the Science Museum. Come and join the fun. The library staff digs you!
• While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax
• Love in a Broken Vessel by Messu Andrews
• Inferno by Dan Brown
• Judgement Call by J.A. Jance
• Farside by Ben Bova
• Intercept by Dick Wolf
• There is a cure for Diabetes: the 21-day Holistic recovery program by Gabriel Cousens
• My Share of the Task: A Memoir by Stanley McChrystal
• Let’s Pretend This Never Happened : (A mostly true memoir) by Jenny Lawson
• Pacific Crucible : War at Sea in the Pacific, 1941-1942 by Ian Toll
• Mary and Lou and Rhoda and Ted: and All the Brilliant Minds Who Made The Mary Tyler Moore Show a Classic by Jennifer Keishin Armstrong.
• Tricks That Take Fish : The Definitive Guide to Catching Freshwater Gamefish on Bait, Lures, and Flies by Harold Blaisdell
Two Harbors Public Library News
Summer Reading Programs begin June 3
“Dig Into Reading” is for kids up to 6th grade. For every hour your child reads, he or she will earn an incentive prize and an entry into the grand prize drawing held at the end of the summer. If your child doesn’t want the incentive prize, he or she can choose to have the library donate 25 cents to the local Humane Society. Watch for library events all summer long. We’ll have the zoo mobile, a dinosaur program, a movie series, a story time and craft series, and more!
“Under the Surface” is for teens, grades 6-12. For every book read, a teen earns another entry into a prize drawing. Prizes include gift certificates, water bottles, bags, and more. There will also be smaller incentive prizes throughout the summer. Watch for library events as well. We’ll be making shrinky dinks, competing in Wii gaming, watching “Beautiful Creatures” and more.
“Groundbreaking Reads” is for adults. Use your summer reading to break some new ground—try some new authors or challenge yourself with different types of books. Book comment slips will double as entries for the drawing on Friday, August 2. The grand prizes are gift certificates donated by Anderson’s Greenhouse and Black Woods Restaurant, plus other prizes provided by the Friends of the Library. There will also be prizes for those who turn in their first and fifth book comments.
For more about library events, see the web sites www.silverbay.com/library.
htm and www.twoharborspubliclibrary.com/