Lake County Sheriff's ReportLake County Sheriff’s Report for the week of July 16.
Monday, July 16
Inmate Population: 12
• 1:30 a.m. Deputy, Two Harbors Police Department respond to report of shots heard near rural Two Harbors area residence. Unable to locate.
• 2:54 Report of vehicle in ditch on Highway Two at Sand River. No reported injuries.
• 10:15 Report of property damage on Shoreview Road. Suspect located.
• 3:22 p.m. Report of trespassing on Finland area property.
• 3:44 Report of possible burglary at rural Two Harbors area residence.
• 4:02 Report of intoxicated person at White Pines rest area. Party brought home.
• 7:27 Deputy assists Two Harbors Ambulance with medical at Earthwood.
• 8:50 Report of suspicious vehicle at Beaver Bay residence. Unable to locate.
• 11:13 Traffic stop on Scenic Drive near Burton Road. Driver waiting for friend to get off work.
Tuesday, July 17
Inmate Population: 10
• 4:02 a.m. Deputy checks residences in rural Two Harbors and Knife River area on house watch list.
• 11:09 Report of passport lost in Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
• 12:27 p.m. Report of trespassing on Finland area property. Unable to locate party.
• 12:35 Report of erratic driver on Highway 61 near Knife River. Unable to locate.
• 1:25 Report of dogs in closed-up vehicle at Beaver Bay business. Owner let dogs out.
• 2:46 Deputy assists Social Services with check at Two Harbors area residence.
• 4:08 Report of harassing phone calls received by Ely area resident.
• 8:30 Deputy out with party at Ostman’s pit. Citation for possession of marijuana and transported to Lake County Jail on warrant.
Wednesday, July 18
Inmate Population: 12
• 12:36 a.m. Deputy, Two Harbors Police Department respond to alarm at Knife River residence. All clear.
• 1:26 Deputy out with two walking on Fernberg Road near Garden Lake access. Looking for a restroom. Advised.
• 2:29 Traffic stop on Highway 61 near Twin Points Trail. Warning for headlights, brake lights, and tabs.
• 3:15 Deputy, Two Harbors Police Department respond to alarm at Knife River residence. All clear.
• 11:07 Deputy checks residences in rural Two Harbors and Knife River on house watch list.
• 12:42 p.m. Traffic stop on Scenic Dr near Burton Road. Citation for speed (71/55).
• 2:04 Report of theft from Knife River property.
• 2:08 Deputy transports inmate to Lake View Memorial Hospital Emergency Room.
• 2:17 Deputy serves papers at Beaver Bay residence.
• 4:17 Report of empty kayak floating on Lake Superior out from Breezy Point. United States Coast Guard unable to locate.
• 6:41 Traffic stop on Fernberg Road near Glipi Road. Citation for speed (64/50).
• 9:13 Deputy assists Silver Bay Police Department with report of possible juvenile runaway. Party located and returned home.
• 10:30 Traffic stop on Highway 61 in Beaver Bay. Warning for brake light, stop sign violation, and no current proof of insurance.
• 10:41 Traffic stop at Beaver Bay Holiday. Warning for no taillights or brakelights.
• 11:30 Deputy checks residences in rural Silver Bay area on house watch list.
Thursday, July 19
Inmate Population: 13
• 6:19 a.m. Report of vehicle in ditch on Wales Road at Wickholm Road. Vehicle unoccupied.
• 12:46 p.m. Report of property dumped at White Pines rest area. Forest Service advised.
• 12:54 Report of neighbor trouble at Isabella area residence.
• 1:26 Deputy to meeting at Social Services.
• 11:51 Deputy checks residence in rural SB area on house watch list.
Friday, July 20
Inmate Population: 11
• 12:05 a.m. Deputy checks residence in rural Silver Bay area on house watch list.
• 4:36 Deputy assists Saint Louis County with traffic stop on Kawishiwi Trail near Thirteen Corners.
• 8:35 Deputy speaks with individual about trespassing people from his Two Harbors area residence.
• 12:34 p.m. Deputies assist Two Harbors Ambulance with medical at Gooseberry Falls State Park.
• 12:36 Deputies assist Silver Bay rescue with report of capsized canoe on Lake Superior near Birch Cliff Road.
• 3:23 Report of child visitation issue from Two Harbors area resident.
• 3:48 Report of harassing phones received by Beaver Bay resident.
• 5:21 Traffic stop on Fernberg Road near Otter Road. Drivers warned for speed and driving conduct. Report sent to Minnesota State Patrol.
• 5:28 Deputy checks on welfare of FN area resident. All okay.
• 6:20 Deputy out with parties on Highway 61 at E. Castle Danger Road. Leaving a note for property owner.
• 6:49 Deputy assists Ely ambulance with medical at Silver Rapids Lodge.
Saturday, July 21
Inmate Population: 12
• 12:39 a.m. Deputy assists Silver Bay Police Department with report of underage party at Silver Bay residence. All individuals of age.
• 1:02 Traffic stop on Highway 61 in Beaver Bay. Warning for speed.
• 9:09 Report of possible fire near Kelly Trail area. U.S. Fire Service advised.
• 11:14 Report of smoke near Hugo’s Bar. Department of Natural Resources advised.
• 11:39 Report of loose buoy near east side of Silver Rapids. Buoy brought to office.
• 2:20 p.m. Deputy assists Department of Natural Resources with traffic stop on Highway One at Illgen Falls. Citation for minor consumption.
• 2:51 Deputy, Silver Bay Police Department assist Silver Bay ambulance with medical at Silver Bay residence.
• 3:57 Deputies attempt to locate person wanted for burglary in Beaver Bay. One brought to Lake County Jail.
• 8:08 Traffic stop on Fourth Street near Seventh Avenue. Warning for semaphore violation.
• 8:45 Deputy out with ATV on MacDonald Avenue. Warning for operating without a valid driver’s license.
• 10:10 Report of theft from rural Silver Bay area residence.
Sunday, July 22
Inmate Population: 13
• 12:41 a.m. Traffic stop on Kawishiwi Trail at Ironwood Road. Citation for speed (55/40).
• 2:03 Deputy assists Two Harbors Ambulance with medical at Two Harbors area residence.
• 8:21 Deputies, Minnesota State Patrol assist Silver Bay ambulance with medical at rural Silver Bay residence.
• 12:20 p.m. Deputy attempts to locate property lost at Betty’s Pies parking lot. Unable to locate.
• 12:50 Deputy takes call regarding property retrieval from Section 30 office.
• 2:56 Deputy, Minnesota State Patrol assist Two Harbors Ambulance with report of motorcycle accident on Highway 61 at Larsmont Road.
• 4:04 Report of injured hiker on Superior Hiking Trail up from Split Rock River. Parties located and given ride to vehicle.
• 8:25 Report of car vs. deer on Valley Road. No reported injuries.
• 9:13 Report of loud explosion heard near Finland residence. Unable to locate.