Calendar: Oct. 15-Nov. 5Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
Press conference with Rep. Jim Oberstar and Senator Al Franken, 1:30 p.m., steps of Lake County Courthouse.
- Mothers of Preschoolers Fall Festival, 1-5 p.m., First Baptist Church in Two Harbors. Face painting, games, and more.
- Rink Rally, 5-7:30 p.m., Two Harbors Moose Lodge. There will be a spaghetti dinner ($5), silent auction, and basket raffles. An award will be presented to Vern Hedin. Proceeds go to Two Harbors Youth Hockey Association.
- Community Fall Dance, 2-5 p.m., Beaver Bay Community Center. Music by Frank Gust. Cost $5.
- Monthly worship service, 3 p.m., Bassett Congregational Church. A potluck will follow the service.
- Two Harbors Ukulele Group strum session, beginner session at 3 p.m. and regular session at 4 p.m., basement of United Church of Two Harbors. They have extra ukuleles available, if you would like to try. More, call Al at 834-9526.
- Widows’ potluck dinner, 1 p.m., community room at Harbor Point Apartments. Bingo to follow dinner.
North Shore Community School Board meeting, 6:30 p.m., school library.
- he Lake County Board of Commissioners meeting, 6:30 p.m., Silver Creek Town Hall. Broadband issues are expected to be discussed.
- Community meeting on Spectrum Health assisted living facility in Silver Bay, 6-7 p.m., Mary MacDonald Center, Room 23.
- Duluth/North Shore Sanitary District meeting, 7 p.m., French River Lutheran Church.
- The class “Cooking for One with Betty Wistrom,” 1 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. A $3 donation is requested. No reservation required.
- Chamber forum, 5:30 p.m., county commissioner candidates; 6:30 p.m. county attorney candidates; 7 p.m. city council candidates, Superior Shores.
- Viewing and discussion of the movie “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” 6 p.m., North Shore Horizons. The movie is rated “R” and has some graphic material so no one under 17 will be allowed without a parent/guardian. Free.
- Knife River Lutheran Church fish cake dinner, 4-7 p.m. Cost is $9 for adults, $5 for children ages 5-9, and children younger than 5 are free. Come early and attend the annual fall festival and sale at the Lake County Day Activity Center, one block east of the church, 1-6 p.m.
- Silver Creek Town Hall dance/social, 7-11 p.m. There will be country music.
- Full moon walk, 6-7:30 p.m., meet at Gooseberry Falls Lady Slipper Lodge.
Minnesota Deer Hunters Association Drop Tine Chapter fall banquet, 5 p.m., Two Harbors Moose Lodge. Reserve by Saturday, call (218) 206-2660.
- Family dance with Terrence Smith, 6 p.m., Silver Bay Re-Union Hall.
- Youth ATV training course, 10 a.m., Two Harbors Polaris. Cost $15. More, call 834-2101.
Age 55 and older driver improvement course, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., William Kelley Schools. Cost $20. An refresher course will also be held from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Oct. 29 at the school.
North Shore Community School Halloween Carnival, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Four-hour driver refresher course, 5:30-9:30 p.m., Living Waters Fellowship in Two Harbors. $24. Call (888)-234-1294.
Ragtime concert, 6-9 p.m., College of St. Scholastica’s Tower Music Hall, Room 3625.
- “Blue Skies Glassworks,” an exhibit featuring glass sculpture and jewelry by Michael and Jody Tonder, Waterfront Gallery. There will be an opening reception from 3-5 p.m. Nov. 13 at the gallery.
- “Full View,” a panoramic photo exhibition of Lake Superior taken from the shores of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Canada, will be on display through Nov. 6 at Waterfront Gallery.
- Play cribbage at Harbor Point Apartments, 9:45 a.m., every Tuesday.
- Caregiver Sharing group, second Thursday of each month from 12:30-2 p.m. “Caring and Sharing” Memory Loss Education Group, second Monday evening of each month from 6–7:30 p.m., Lake View Memorial Hospital in the lower level meeting room. In Silver Bay, second Wednesday of each month from 1-2:30 p.m., United Protestant Church. Contact Linda Kinnunen at Community Partners at 834-8024 for more information.
- North Shore Rotary meets every Tuesday, 7:15 a.m., Superior Shores Lounge. A club extension meets second and fourth Monday, 5:15 p.m., Dunnigan’s Pub.
- The Two Harbors City Council meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month in council chambers at City Hall, 522 First Ave. The finance/personnel committee meets 5 p.m. and the regular meeting begins at 7 p.m.
- A “Bar Church” Gathering will meet every Sunday, 11 a.m., at Dunnigan’s Pub.