Calendar: Sept. 24-Oct. 9Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- Program “The Way of the Wolf,” 7:30-8:15 p.m., Gooseberry State Park’s Lady Slipper Lodge. More, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_
- Barbary Coast Dixieland Band performs, 7 p.m., Silver Bay High School auditorium. Free tickets will be available at the Silver Bay Public Library while supplies last. Purchased tickets will be $10 for adults, $5 for students and 4 and younger are free. Free transportation will be provided from the Two Harbors Community Center. For reservations, call 834-8024.
- Silver Creek dance, 7-11 p.m., Town Hall.
- The Fish Heads perform, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
- Program “Frogs and Snakes of the North Shore,” 7:30-8:15 p.m., Gooseberry State Park’s Lady Slipper Lodge.
- Rosemaling Society’s Scandinavian Festival, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., AAD Shrine Center at 5152 Miller Trunk Highway in Duluth. Cost $2.
- NorthStar Trail Travelers walk, register anytime after 9 a.m. at picnic shelter train center, Split Rock Lighthouse State Park. Must finish by 5 p.m. These events are open to the public and we encourage families to bring everyone. More, visit www.nstt.org.
- SHARE food club ordering session, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Two Harbors. SHARE, a nonprofit network serving 200 locations in four states, provides everyone of access to 12 meat items including chicken nuggets and steak boxes, fresh produce, vegetarian and organic foods. Orders taken during this session or placed online at www.sharewi.org before Oct. 11 are scheduled for pick-up at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 601 Fourth Ave. in Two Harbors on Oct. 23. Volunteers drivers are needed for delivery of food to Silver Bay and to homebound in Two Harbors.
- Minnesota Beach Sweep, 2-4 p.m., Burlington Bay.
- A program on weasels, 10:30-11:30 am., Gooseberry State Park nature park. More, visit www.dnr.
- NorthStar Trail Travelers walk, register any time after 8 a.m. in parking lot picnic area (must finish by 3 p.m.) Tettegouche State Park. These events are open to the public and we encourage families to bring everyone.
- Fireside Gallery Chat with Sandi Pillsbury Gredzens, 1-3 p.m., Northwoods Pioneer Gallery in Castle Danger. Gredzens will have a demo and a talk about her recent experiences with Plein Air Painting (painting outdoors).
- Program “World War II – Minnesota Military Service,” 6:30 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library. Free.
- The film “Look it in the Eye” will be shown, 7:30 a.m., 4 p.m., Superior Shore’s Gooseberry Room. Free. The film is an independent documentary about two families who have been confronted by mental illness. More, call 730-2341.
- Voyageur Snowmobile Club board meeting, 7 p.m., Superior Shores. Meetings will be at same time Oct. 26, Nov. 30, Dec. 28, Feb. 22 and March 29.
- Socially Active Seniors Out To Lunch, leave Two Harbors at 11:30 a.m., lunch at Blue Anchor Inn in Beaver Bay. Call 830-0600 for transportation and reservations. Deadline is Sept. 27.
- Socially Active Seniors pontoon ride and lunch, leave Two Harbors at 11:30 a.m. for lunch at Perkins in Duluth followed by a 1:30 p.m. boat ride down St. Louis River. Reserve by Sept. 27. Cost $7. More, call 830-0600.
- Candidate/nonprofit meet and greet, 6:30 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Two Harbors High School homecoming pep fest, 5 p.m., THHS gym. All are welcome to attend.
- Oktoberfest dinner, 4-7 p.m., Shepherd of Lake Lutheran Church. Cost is $8 for adults, $5 for children.
- Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk, registration starts at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10 a.m., Bayfront Festival Park in Duluth. More, visit www.alz.org or call 733-2560.
- The choral group Superior Sound will perform, 3 p.m., Zion Lutheran Church in Finland.
- Carlton-Cook-Lake-St. Louis Community Health Board meeting, 1-3:30 p.m., Stanley Conference Room No. 290 in Duluth.
Oct. 5-Nov. 9
- College of St. Scholastica emeritus course “Northern Minnesota Geology and the Black Bear,” 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m., United Protestant Church in Silver Bay. The course will be held every Tuesday to Nov. 9. The course will be held 1:30-3 p.m. the same dates at Two Harbors Public Library. More, call 723-5940.
- Socially Active Seniors annual fall trip to Grand Marais, leaves at 9 a.m. Deadline to sign up is Sept. 27. Cost $12 for bus ride and lunch. More, call 830-0600.
- Old Civilian Conservation Corps Camp guided hike, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m., meet at the art column near the visitor center at Gooseberry Falls State Park. More, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/gooseberry_falls/index.html.