Calendar: Sept. 17-25Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- Presentation on Minnesota state symbols, 7:30-8:15 p.m, Goose-
berry Falls Lady Slipper Lodge. More, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/
- Sloppy joe lunch, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Cost $4.50. Sponsored by Socially Active Seniors.
- Two Beat Band performs, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
Fall craft sale, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. today, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday., Lakeview National clubhouse.
- Scavenger hunt, 1-2 p.m., meet at Gooseberry Falls Lakeview Shelter.
- Pie and ice cream social, noon, Two Harbors Community Center. At 1 p.m. there will be a visit from the lady lighthouse keeper with stories and pictures from days gone by. Cost $5. Sponsored by Socially Active Seniors.
- Lake County Historical Society open house, 1 to 5 p.m., Two Harbors Light Station. The museum will be free with some tours through the bed and breakfast that will be available from 1 to 3 p.m. Hot dogs and pop will be available.
- Son’s of Norway and the Vasa Lodge combined potluck, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Split Rock Pavillion. The Old Timers band will perform.
- Harvest Booya and Finn Fest, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Finland Heritage Site on Little Marais Road.
- Camp House open house, 2-4 p.m., Brimson.
- Kids nature program on Lake Superior fish, 3-3:30 p.m., Gooseberry Falls Children’s Theater.
- Worship service, 3 p.m., Bassett Congregational Church. A potluck will follow.
- Widows and widowers dinner, 1 p.m., Dixie.
- Two Harbors Ukulele Group strum session, beginner/refresher session starts at 3 p.m., regular session at 4 p.m., United Church basement. Extra ukuleles are available. Call Al at 834-9526.
- Workshop “Science Play Every Day,” 6-8 p.m., William Kelley School in Silver Bay. Free. To register, call Kim Lenski at (218) 226-4437 ext. 8158 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bike rodeo safety event for K-6 students, 12:30-3:30 p.m., William Kelley Elementary School.
- A presentation on Islam by John Lukan and Clyde Nelson of the Duluth Research Council, 6:30 p.m., Shepherd of the Lake Lutheran Church, Two Harbors. More, call 834-5345.
- Harvest moon and sunset watch, 6-8 p.m., Two Harbors break wall.
- Golden Age of Radio program, 7 p.m., Mitchell Auditorium at St. Scholastica. Free transportation. Sign up is at a local library on a first-come/first-served basis. A bus will pick up attendees at the depot parking lot in Two Harbors at 5:45 p.m.
- Barbary Coast Dixieland Band performs, 7 p.m., William Kelley School Auditorium. Free tickets will be available at the Silver Bay Public Library while supplies last. Purchased tickets will be $10 for adults, $5 for students, and 4 and younger are free. Free transportation will be provided from the Two Harbors Community Center. For reservations, call 834-8024.
- Silver Creek dance, 7-11 p.m., Town Hall.
- The Fish Heads perform, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
Rosemaling Society’s Scandinavian Festival, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., AAD Shrine Center at 5152 Miller Trunk Highway in Duluth. Cost $2.