Sheriff’s report: Sept. 6-12Activity through the Lake County Sheriff’s Office Sept. 6-12.
In the interest of space, routine tasks such as ambulance calls, serving papers, and house checks are not listed. If you have an item to report to the sheriff’s office, call 834-8385. Let us know about news in the area by calling 834-2141. Activity through the Lake County Sheriff’s Office Sept. 6-12.
Monday, Sept. 6
Inmate population: 16
- 10:06 a.m. Deputy assists motorist who hit deer on Highway 2 at Gun Club Road.
- 10:26 Deputy on boat and water patrol at Two Harbors area lakes.
- 1:56 p.m. Traffic stop on Highway 2 at Wales Road. Citation for speed (90/55).
- 3:37 Deputy assists State Patrol with traffic stop on Fourth Street at Fifth Avenue in Two Harbors.
- 6:11 Two Harbors police, fire, and rescue respond to structure fire at Two Harbors residence.
- 6:47 Deputy assists motorist who hit deer on Highway 2 near Bailey Road.
- 7:12 Deputy assists State Patrol with check of vehicle that hit deer on Highway 61 at Flood Bay Road.
- 11:02 Deputy assists Ely police with hit-and-run on Sheridan Street.
Tuesday, Sept. 7
Inmate population: 17
- 1:45 a.m. Deputies, Two Harbors police attempt to locate possible suicidal person coming to Two Harbors. St. Louis County located individual.
- 3:23 Ambulance requested at accident on Highway 61. Silver Bay rescue responds and transports one to Cook County Hospital.
- 6:07 Deputy assists semi driver with blown tire on Highway 2 at White Pines.
- 8:30 Report of vandalism to motor home at rural Silver Bay property.
- 8:56 Medical on Canadian Border Road. Transport to Ely hospital.
- 11:26 Report of tour bus stuck at end of Sonju Lake Road. Tow called to remove bus.
- 6:01 Report of loose horse on Valley Road. Unable to locate.
- 9:58 Deputy out on Scenic Drive with limo driver who has sick passengers.
Wednesday, Sept. 8
Inmate population: 15
- 6:55 p.m. Traffic stop on Highway 1 at South Kawishiwi Road. Citation for speed (70/35).
- 7:03 Two Harbors fire and ambulance at fairgrounds for training.
- 7:24 Traffic stop on Highway 61 near Big Point Road. Warning for no trailer lights.
- 7:38 Deputy side-swiped by another vehicle on Highway 61 at Encampment. State Patrol assists.
Thursday, Sept. 9
Inmate population: 13
- 8:20 a.m. Juvenile trouble at Finland area residence.
- 12:32 p.m. Deputy takes report of driver’s license lost in BWCAW.
- 1:51 Traffic stop on Forest Highway 11 at Lax Lake Road. Warning for speed.
- 2:35 Deputies, State Patrol, Silver Bay rescue respond to motorcycle accident on Highway 61 near Split Rock. One transported to St. Luke’s.
- 6:51 Traffic stop on Highway 2 at Grimmer Road. Citation for speed (74/55).
- 7:32 Traffic stop on Highway 2 at Wales Road. Warning for stop sign violation.
- 10:50 Traffic stop on Highway 12 at Tomberg Road. Warning for speed.
Friday, Sept. 10
Inmate population: 13
- 1:01 a.m. Traffic stop on Highway 61 at East Castle Danger Road. Warning for speed.
- 3:54 Deputy assists Two Harbors police with traffic stop on Highway 61 at Park Road. Warning for driving over centerline.
- 7:48 Traffic stop on Highway 3 at Town Road. Citation for speed (78/50).
- 8:30 Ambulance requested at Two Harbors Campground. Transport to Duluth.
- 11:08 Traffic stop on Seventh Street at 13th Avenue. Citation for driving after revocation.
- 12:54 p.m. Ambulance requested at Barross House. One transported to Lake View Memorial Hospital.
l 4:25 Ambulance requested on Superior Hiking Trail near Wolf Ridge. Finland, Silver Bay rescue respond. Transport to Lake View.
- 4:46 Traffic stop on Scenic Drive near Coolidge Road. Warning for speed.
- 4:56 Traffic stop on Scenic Drive at Kendall Road. Warning for speed.
- 8:02 Traffic stop on Fourth Street at 12th Avenue. Warning for speed.
- 10:44 Deputy assists Two Harbors police with report of disturbance at The Landing.
Saturday, Sept. 11
Inmate population: 13
- 5:02 a.m. Deputies, Two Harbors police staged for NorthShore Inline Marathon.
- 5:23 Deputy, Two Harbors police respond to report of CN train hitting car parked on railroad tracks off Scenic Drive.
- 6:57 Two Harbors fire, ambulance staged for NorthShore Inline Marathon.
- 11:59 Deputy on ATV patrol in Ely area.
- 5:56 p.m. Ambulance requested at Lake View Cottages. Transport to Lake View.
- 7:54 Report of vehicle hitting deer at end of Fernberg Road.
- 8:02 Report of vehicle hitting deer on Valley Road
- 10:11 Traffic stop on Seventh Avenue at County Road 26. Warning for no headlights and inoperable right taillight.
- 11:08 Ambulance requested at Cove Point Lodge. Transport to Lake View.
Sunday, Sept. 12
Inmate population: 14
- 1:21 a.m. Report of vehicle in ditch on Valley Road. One brought to county jail for DUI.
- 2:25 Brimson fire, Two Harbors rescue to ATV accident in AlBrook. One transported to Duluth.
- 4:17 Deputies, Silver Bay police respond to domestic at Finland area residence.
- 7:49 Two Harbors fire responds to report of transformer sparking on Scenic Drive near Emily’s.
- 11:24 Report of vehicle upside down in river at Encampment. Vehicle unoccupied and will be towed.
- 12:56 p.m. Report of individuals cutting wood in Peterson Pit. Unable to locate.
- 1:18 Deputies, DNR, Lake County rescue respond to Lake Superior boat hitting rocks in Castle Danger. All passengers safely brought to shore.
- 4:24 Report of disturbance at Ely area residence. One transported to county jail for disorderly conduct.
- 6:39 Traffic stop on Kawishiwi Trail at Thirteen Corners. Vintage three-wheeler warned for speed.
- 11:38 Deputies assist Silver Bay police with report of reckless driving near AmericInn. One brought to Lake View for evaluation and then to hospital in Duluth.