Calendar: Sept. 10-25Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- Program “The Way of the Wolf,” 7:30-8:15 p.m., Gooseberry’s Lady Slipper Lounge. For information on other events, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/gooseberry_falls/index.html.
- Lisa Kane Duo perform, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
Friends of the Two Harbors Library annual book sale, noon to 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday with bag sale (all the books you can fit in a grocery bag for $2) at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Money raised by the Friends is used to purchase items for the library that are not in the budget.
Help paint a mural, 1 p.m., Finland Co-op. Snacks will be provided.
- Program “Frogs and Snakes of the North Shore,” 7:30-8:15 p.m., Gooseberry’s Lady Slipper Lounge. For information on other events, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_ parks/gooseberry_falls/index.html.
- Pancake breakfast, 8-11 a.m. at Co-operative Light & Power on Highway 2 in Two Harbors. Bring an item for the local food shelf.
Learn about otters, ermines, badgers, and wolverines, 2-3 p.m., Gooseberry’s Nature Cart. For information on other events, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/gooseberry_falls/index.html.
Poetry readings, 6:30 p.m. at Two Harbors Public Library. Poetry committee meets at 8 p.m. at Blackwoods. For information, contact Jillouise Ronstad Simonson at 834-5739 and jillouisa@yahoo. com or Diane Dinndorf Friebe at 834-4528 and ddfriebe@msn. com.
- Grand Marais author John Henricksson will speak, 6 p.m., Silver Bay Public Library.
- The film series “Changing lives, Changing World,” 6 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library.
- Meeting for anyone age 16 and older interested in volunteering or learning more about Special Olympics Minnesota, 6 p.m., Minnehaha Elementary.
- Harbor Mates Bayfield trip. More call Ann Bradley at the Lake Bank at 834-2111.
- 6th District House and Senate candidate forum, 6:30 p.m., Lakewood Town Hall at 3110 Strand Road in Duluth.
- Presentation “Driving and Aging: Is it time to give up the car keys,” 1:30-3:30 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Free. Call 834-8024.
- Installation of new officer at American Legion Auxiliary, social hour at 4 p.m.; potluck at 5 p.m.; followed by installation, Two Harbors American Legion. All members are welcome to attend.
- Talk with staff of U.S. Rep. Jim Oberstar, 10 a.m.-noon at Two Harbors City Hall; 1:30 -3:30 p.m. Silver Bay City Hall Council Chambers. Call Oberstar’s Duluth office at 727-7474.
Two Beat Band performs, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
- Lake County Historical Society open house, 1 to 5 p.m., Two Harbors Light Station. The museum will be free to the public and include some tours through the bed and breakfast that will be available from 1 to 3 p.m. Hot Dogs and pop will be available.
- Living Proof Ministries’ Beth Moore live simulcast, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., doors open with continental breakfast at 830 a.m., Two Harbors Evangelical Free Church. Call by Sunday for reservations.
- Son’s of Norway and the Vasa Lodge combined potluck, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Split Rock Pavillion. The Old Timers band will perform.
- Harvest Booya and Finn Fest, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Finland Minnesota Heritage Site on Little Marais Road.
- Camp House will have an open house, 2-4 p.m., Brimson.
- Widows and widowers dinner, 1 p.m., Dixie.
- Two Harbors Ukulele Group strum session, beginner/refresher session starts at 3 p.m., regular session at 4 p.m., United Church basement. Extra ukuleles are available. More, call Al at 834-9526.
- Bike rodeo safety event for kindergarten-sixth students, 12:30-3:30 p.m., William Kelley Elementary School.
- A presentation on Islam by John Lukan and Clyde Nelson of the Duluth Research Council, 6:30 p.m., Shepherd of the Lake Lutheran Church in Two Harbors. More, call 834-5345.
- Harvest moon and sunset watch, 6-8 p.m., Two Harbors breakwall.
- Golden Age of Radio program, 7 p.m., Mitchell Auditorium at St. Scholastica. Free. The Two Harbors Library and the Friends of the Library are partnering with the Silver Bay Library and its Friends to use Legacy Funding to provide free transportation for those who need it. Sign up is at the library on a first-come/first-served basis. A Minnesota Coaches bus will pick up attendees at the depot parking lot at 5:45 p.m. A coach bus will pick up Silver Bay area residents at city hall at 4:45 p.m.
The Fish Heads perform, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
- SHARE food club ordering session, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Bethlehem Lutheran Church. SHARE, a nonprofit network serving 200 locations in four states, provides everyone access to 12 meat items including chicken nuggets and steak boxes, fresh produce, vegetarian and organic foods. Orders taken during this session or placed online at www.sharewi.org before Oct. 11 are scheduled for pick-up at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 601 Fourth Ave. in Two Harbors Oct. 23. Volunteer drivers are needed for delivery of food to Silver Bay and to homebound in Two Harbors.
- Minnesota Beach Sweep, 2-4 p.m., Burlington Bay.