Calendar: Sept. 3-Nov. 9Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- Program “Shipwrecks of Lake Superior,” 7:30-8:15 p.m., Gooseberry’s Lady Slipper Lounge. Programs run throughout the day. More, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/gooseberry_falls/index.html.
- Bob Bingham and Gordon Thorne perform, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
- Program “If These Falls Could Talk,” 7:30-8:15 p.m., Gooseberry’s Lady Slipper Lounge. Programs run throughout the day. More, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/gooseberry_falls/index.html.
- A guided walk of Tettegouche’s sea arch collapse, 10 a.m., Tettegouche State Park. Meet at the park office.
- Last Brimson Market, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Brimson Fire Hall.
- Program “Frogs and Snakes of the North Shore,” 7:30-8:15 p.m., Gooseberry’s Lady Slipper Lounge. Programs run throughout the day. More, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/gooseberry_falls/index.html.
- Pancake breakfast and celebration, 8-11 a.m., Petrell Hall in Brimson. Author Mark Munger will have a program from 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Program “A Hike of the Superior Kind,” 7:30-8:15 p.m., Gooseberry Falls State Park. Programs run throughout the day. More, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/gooseberry_falls/index.html.
- Kids nature program “Wild Cats,” 2:30-3 p.m., meet at children’s theater at Gooseberry’s visitor center. Programs run throughout the day. More, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/gooseberry_falls/index.html.
- Age 55 and old driver improvement class, 5:30-9:30 p.m., Living Waters Fellowship. Cost $20. More, visit www.mnsafetycenter.org or call (888) 234-1294.
- Two Harbors City Council-Planning commission meeting to discuss comprehensive plan, 7 p.m., city hall.
- Family caregiver sharing group meeting, 12:30-2 p.m., Lake View Memorial Hospital in the lower level meeting room. Group will also meet 6-7:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at Lake View Memorial Hospital. More, call 834-8024.
- Storytime, 1-1:30 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library. Fore ages 2 to 6. Kids Plus will be storytellers. Storytime happens on the second Thursday of the month at 1 p.m.
- Class of 1944 lunch, noon, Culver’s.
Friends of the Two Harbors Library annual book sale, noon to 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday with bag sale (all the books you can fit in a grocery bag for $2) at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Money raised by the Friends is used to purchase items for the library that are not in the budget.
Lisa Kane Duo perform, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
Pancake breakfast, 8-11 a.m., Co-operative Light & Power on Highway 2 in Two Harbors. Bring an item for the local food shelf.
Poetry Event Planning Committee, 6:30 p.m. at Two Harbors Public Library. For information, contact Jillouise Ronstad Simonson at 834-5739 and email@example.com or Diane Dinndorf Friebe at 834-4528 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting for anyone age 16 and older interested in volunteering or learning more about Special Olympics Minnesota, 6 p.m., Minnehaha Elementary.
- Harbor Maters Bayfield trip. More call Ann Bradley at the Lake Bank at 834-2111.
The presentation “Driving and Aging: Is it time to give up the car keys,” 1:30-3:30 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Free. More, call 834-8024.
Two Beat Band performs, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
Camp House will have an open house, 2-4 p.m., Brimson.
Golden Age of Radio program, 7 p.m., Mitchell Auditorium at St. Scholastica. Free transportation. Sign up is at Lake County libraries on a first-come/first-served basis. Coach bus leaves depot parking lot at 5:45 p.m.
The Fish Heads perform, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park band shell. Rain site is United Church at 531 Third Ave.
Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk, registration starts at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10 a.m., Bayfront Festival Park in Duluth. More, visit www.alz.org or call 733-2560.
Oct. 5-Nov. 9
College of St. Scholastica emeritus course “Northern Minnesota Geology and the Black Bear,” 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m., United Protestant Church in Silver Bay. The course will be held every Tuesday through Nov. 9. The course will be held 1:30-3 p.m. the same dates at Two Harbors Public Library. More, call 723-5940.
- “Full View,” a panoramic photo exhibition of Lake Superior taken from the shores of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Canada, will be on display through Nov. 6 at Waterfront Gallery.
- Play cribbage at Harbor Point Apartments, 9:45 a.m., every Tuesday beginning Sept. 14.
- “Watercolors,” an exhibit of paintings by Barbara Lundell, are currently on display in the Vanilla Bean Café through Sept.13. The show features North Shore scenes inspired by the artist’s enjoyment of the area for more than 20 years. Sugar Loaf Cove will offer summer programs Thursday through Sunday throughout summer.
- “Attacking Invasive Workdays,” 10 a.m. Thursdays; “Not So Early Bird Walks,” 10 a.m. Fridays; “Lake Superior Flora,” 2 p.m. Fridays; “Tracks, Trails and Tails,” 2 p.m. Saturdays; “Lake Superior Rocks,” 10 a.m. Sundays. For more, visit www.sugarloafnorthshore.org.
- Voyageur Art Club opens its art center, 516 S. Ave. in Two Harbors, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, 12-3 p.m. Sundays until end of September.
- Caregiver Sharing group, second Thursday of each month from 12:30-2 p.m. “Caring and Sharing” Memory Loss Education Group, second Monday evening of each month from 6–7:30 p.m.,
Lake View Memorial Hospital in the lower level meeting room. In Silver Bay, second Wednesday of each month from 1-2:30 p.m., United Protestant Church. Contact Linda Kinnunen at Community Partners at 834-8024 for more information.
- North Shore Rotary meets every Tuesday, 7:15 a.m., Superior Shores Lounge. A club extension meets second and fourth Monday, 5:15 p.m., Dunnigan’s Pub.
- The Two Harbors City Council meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month in chambers at City Hall, 522 First Ave. The finance/personnel committee meets 5 p.m. and the regular meeting begins at 7 p.m.
- Call the Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency at (218) 749-2912 Ext. 223 to find out how you can get meals delivered to your home in Two Harbors and Silver Bay. You must be age 60 or older and homebound.
- A “Bar Church” Gathering will meet every Sunday, 11 a.m., Dunnigan’s Pub, for coffee, music, talking sharing, drinks, and lunch. All are welcome. For more information, call or text 343-2524 or email email@example.com.
- The Harbor Mates Club is the North Shore’s largest and friendliest social club for ages 50 and older. Call Ann Bradley at the Lake Bank 834-2111 about their upcoming Mystery Trip and other exciting activities. All inquiries welcome.