Calendar: Aug. 27-Oct. 2Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- Socially Active Seniors rummage sale fund-raiser, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Socially Active Seniors root beer float and sloppy joe lunch, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Silver Creek Town Hall Dance/Social, 7-11 p.m. Bring a treat to share.
- Guest presenter and author Chris Niskanen, 8-8:45 p.m., Goose-berry Falls State Park’s Lady Slipper Lodge.
- Fridays in the Park concert: TNA, 7 p.m., bandshell.
- Brimson Sisu 4.4-mile run and walk, registration at 8:30 a.m., Petrell Hall. Brimson Market will also be there from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. More, call 848-2894.
- Presentation “The Inside story of Prairie, Lake, Forest,” 1:30-2:15 p.m., Gooseberry Falls State Park’s Visitor Center Theater.
Blue Grass Gospel service, 9:30 a.m., Bethlehem Lutheran Church. Featuring Bethlehem’s Blue Grass Gospel team.
- Purse sale and taco salad lunch, 8 a.m-4 p.m., Lake View Hospital dining room. Fund-raiser for Lake View Hospital Foundation.
- Lakeview Cemetery meeting, 1 p.m., Two Harbors City Hall.
Homesteaders meeting, 12:30 p.m., Duluth Town Hall on Homestead Road. Music by Dale Rogers and Fiddler’s Delight.
Fridays in the Park music with Bingham & Thorne, 7 p.m., Thomas Owens Park in Two Harbors.
Last Brimson Market, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Brimson Fire Hall.
Pancake breakfast and celebration, 8-11 a.m., Petrell Hall in Brimson. Author Mark Munger will have a program from 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Two Harbors City Council-Planning commission meeting to discuss comprehensive plan, 7 p.m., city hall.
Pancake breakfast, 8-11 a.m., Co-operative Light & Power on Highway 2 in Two Harbors. Bring an item for the local food shelf.
Poetry Event Planning Committee, 6:30 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library. For information, contact Jillouise Ronstad Simonson at 834-5739 and jillouisa@ yahoo.com or Diane Dinndorf Friebe at 834-4528 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting for anyone age 16 and older interested in volunteering or learning more about Special Olympics Minnesota, 6 p.m., Minnehaha Elementary.
- Harbor Mates Bayfield trip. More call Ann Bradley at the Lake Bank at 834-2111.
Camp House will have an open house, 2-4 p.m., Brimson.
Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk, registration starts at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10 a.m., Bayfront Festival Park in Duluth. More, visit www.alz.org or call 733-2560.
- Play cribbage at Harbor Point Apartments, 9:45 a.m., every Tuesday beginning Sept. 14.
- “Watercolors,” an exhibit of paintings by Barbara Lundell, Vanilla Bean Café through Sept.13.