Calendar: Aug. 20-Sept. 13Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- Mayor’s Block Party. Movie E.T. shown at band shell at dusk Friday. On Saturday, music 1-11 p.m., First Avenue car show 1-5 p.m., kid’s block party 1-5 p.m., Lion’s Club pancake breakfast 7-11 a.m.
- Brimson Market, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Brimson Fire Hall.
- Farm Frolic, 2-6 p.m. at Chelsea Morning Farm up Highway 3 eight miles from Highway 61. Tours, food 4-6, and music.
- Field and Screen Photography Workshop with landscape photographer Chris Sandberg, 10 a.m., Sugarloaf Cove Nature Center on Highway 61 at milepost 73. $5 per person. Reservations required. Call (218) 663-7679.
- Fireside Gallery Chat, 3-5 p.m., Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts in Castle Danger.
- Two Harbors Ukulele Group strum session, beginner/refresher session 3 p.m., regular session at 4 p.m., United Church of Two Harbors. They will have some extra ukes available, More, call Al at 834-9526.
- Plane crash emergency practice, 6 p.m. Silver Bay.
- Socially Active Seniors Picnic in the Park, noon, Lakeview Park. Music by the Old Timers. $4. Call 830-0600 to reserve.
- Friends of the Library meeting, 6:30 p.m., Two Harbors library meeting room. All members (and individuals interested in becoming a Friend) are encouraged to attend this meeting as the annual book sale planning is on the agenda.
- Lake County Community Connect, 2-7 p.m., Two Harbors High School. More, call (800) 223-1850.
- Socially Active Seniors rummage sale fund-raiser, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Socially Active Seniors root beer float and sloppy joe lunch, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Guest presenter and author Chris Niskanen, 8-8:45 p.m., Goose-berry Falls State Park’s Lady Slipper Lodge.
- Fridays in the Park concert: TNA, 7 p.m., bandshell.
- Brimson Sisu 4.4-mile run and walk, registration at 8:30 a.m., Petrell Hall. Brimson Market will also be there from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. More, call 848-2894.
- Presentation “The Inside story of Prairie, Lake, Forest,” 1:30-2:15 p.m., Gooseberry Falls State Park’s Visitor Center Theater.
- Last Brimson Market, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Brimson Fire Hall.
- Pancake breakfast and celebration, 8-11 a.m., Petrell Hall in Brimson. Author Mark Munger will have a program from 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Age 55 and old driver improvement class, 5:30-9:30 p.m., Living Waters Fellowship. Cost $20. More, visit www.mnsafetycenter.org or call (888) 234-1294.
- Two Harbors City Council-Planning commission meeting to discuss comprehensive plan, 7 p.m. at city hall.
- Pancake breakfast, 8-11 a.m. at Co-operative Light & Power on Highway 2 in Two Harbors. Bring an item for the local food shelf.
- Poetry Event Planning Committee, 6:30 p.m. at Two Harbors Public Library. For information, contact Jillouise Ronstad Simonson at 834-5739.