- Visit with a naturalist about Minnesota, 2 p.m., Temperance State Park’s nature cart.
- Visit with a park naturalist about astronomy, 10 a.m., by nature cart at Tettegouche State Park.
- Hear stories about the great lake and discover its many characters on a narrated walk of Tettegouche State Park’s spectacular shoreline, 2 p.m.
- Brimson Market, 9 a.m.-noon, Brimson Fire Hall. Runs every Saturday until Sept. 4. More, call Diane at (218) 848-2894.
- Tofte Trek 10K Wilderness Run/Walk, register at 7:45 a.m. July 4 at Birch Grove Community Center in Tofte or online. Kids races begin at 9 a.m. and 10K begins at 9:30 a.m. More, visit www.toftetrek.com.
- Kids races at 10 a.m., Two Harbors arena baseball field.
- Visit with a park naturalist about Minnesota’s State bird the common loon 11 a.m., Tettegouche State Park.
- Two Harbors City Band Fourth of July concert, 7:30 p.m., Thomas Owens Park.
- Socially Active Seniors ice cream and pie social, 5 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Fireworks at 10 p.m. in Silver Bay and Two Harbors.
- Homesteaders annual picnic and bingo, 12:30 p.m., Duluth Town Hall on Homestead Road. Everyone welcome.
- Class of 1944 lunch, noon, Vietnamese Lantern.
- Concert with the Vets, Silver Bay Veterans Home. Outdoor community concert begins at 7 p.m. featuring 1950s music by Sh-Boom. Bring a lawn chair to the home’s parking lot.
- Two Harbors City Band Heritage Days Concert, 7:30 p.m., Thomas Owens Park. Announcement of Two Harbors Area Fund recipients at intermission.
- Pre-concert hot dog dinner, 6-7:30 p.m., United Church, across the street from Thomas Owens Park. $5 per plate.
- Family Caregiver Sharing Groups, 12:30-2 p.m., Lake View Memorial Hospital lower level meeting room. Information and support for those caring for an elderly person. New participants welcome.
- Two Harbors Heritage Days.
- Carlton-Cook-Lake-St. Louis Community Health Board, meeting 1-3:30 p.m., Stanley Center Conference Room No. 290, 424 W. Superior St., in Duluth.
- Family Caregiver Sharing Groups, 6-7:30p.m., Lake View Memorial Hospital lower level meeting room. Information and support for those caring for an elderly person. New participants welcome.
- Socially Active Seniors boat ride on St. Louis River, 9 a.m., followed by lunch at Perkins. Call 830-0600 to reserve.
- Pre-concert sloppy joe dinner, 6-7:30 p.m., United Church, across the street from Thomas Owens Park. $5 per plate.
- Lake Superior Salmon Classic Fishing Tournament, Silver Bay Marina.