- Jim Ouray shadow puppet workshop, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., performance 4 p.m., Silver Bay Public Library. All ages welcome, under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dance, 7-11 p.m., Silver Creek Town Hall.
- Find out about the mysterious moose of Minnesota from a Park Naturalist, 10-11 a.m., in front of the nature cart at Tettegouche State Park.
- Narrated walk of Tettegouche’s shoreline, 3 p.m., meet in front of park office. More, call 226-6365.
- Knife River Solstice 5K Run/Walk; 2-mile walk at 9 a.m., 5K run/walk at 10 a.m.; kids races at 10:30 a.m. Starts and finishes at Knife River Recreation Hall at the corner of Church Road and Scenic Highway 61. $20 before June 14, then $25. Register at www.kniferiverreccenter.org or call Kelly at 834-2118.
- Toimi School midsummer festival “Kesa Juhla,” 10:30 a.m. with events running past 1 p.m.
- A gathering of the descendants of John and Aina Haveri, 10 a.m., Finland Historical Site. More call Rennae at 834-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rummage/bake sale, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Bassett Town Hall. Lunch served 10 a.m.-2 p.m., proceeds to Bassett Church building fund and the Brimson Action Club.
- Demo Days, Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts, 2821 Highway 61 in Castle Danger. See and participate in demonstrations by painters, potters, word workers, jewelry artists, candle makers and more.
- Minnesota Veterans Home in Silver Bay annual Lake Superior Fishing Trip, 5:30 a.m., Knife River Marina. More, call Ward Wallin at Minnesota Veterans Home at 226-6321.
- Out to Lunch for adults 55 and older, 12 p.m., Do North Pizza. Reservations needed by June 28. For rides and reservations, call 830-0600.
- “Look on the Light Side”, Two Harbors City Band concert, 7:30 p.m., Thomas Owens Park. Director will be Janet MacDonald.
- Brimson Market, 9 a.m.-noon, Brimson Fire Hall. Runs every Saturday until Sept. 4. More, call Diane at (218) 848-2894.
- Two Harbors City Band Fourth of July concert, 7:30 p.m., Thomas Owens Park.
- Tofte Trek 10K Wilderness Run/Walk, register at 7:45 a.m. July 4 at Birch Grove Community Center in Tofte or online. Kids races begin at 9 a.m. and 10K begins at 9:30 a.m. More, visit www.toftetrek.com.
- Socially Active Seniors ice cream and pie social, 5 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Two Harbors City Band Heritage Days Concert, 7:30 p.m., Thomas Owens Park.
- Pre-concert hot dog dinner, 6-7:30 p.m., United Church, across the street from Thomas Owens Park. $5 per plate.
- Two Harbors Heritage Days is currently taking applications for crafters, vendors, stage entertainment, parade entries and children’s activities. If interested contact Cheryl at 834-5092.
- Sons of Norway picnic, 5 p.m., in the Two Harbors park on Lake Superior.
- Socially Active Seniors boat ride on St. Louis River, 9 a.m., followed by lunch at Perkins. Call 830-0600 to reserve.
- Pre-concert sloppy joe dinner, 6-7:30 p.m., United Church, across the street from Thomas Owens Park. $5 per plate.
- Lake Superior Salmon Classic Fishing Tournament, Silver Bay Marina. Call 226-3121.
- Socially Active Seniors travelogue, 1 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Pre-concert ham supper, 6-7:30 p.m., United Church, across the street from Thomas Owens Park.
- Socially Active Seniors picnic, 12 p.m., Cotton residence. For rides and reservations, call 830-0600.
- Pre-concert dinner, 6-7:30 p.m., United Church, across the street from Thomas Owens Park. $5 per plate.
- Pre-concert taco dinner, 6-7:30 p.m., United Church, across the street from Thomas Owens Park. $5 per plate.
- Sugar Loaf Cove will offer summer programs Thursday through Sunday throughout summer. “Attacking Invasive Workdays,” 10 a.m. Thursdays; “Not So Early Bird Walks,” 10 a.m. Fridays; “Lake Superior Flora,” 2 p.m. Fridays; “Tracks, Trails and Tails,” 2 p.m. Saturdays; “Lake Superior Rocks,” 10 a.m. Sundays. For more, visit www.sugarloafnorthshore.org.
- Exhibit of watercolor paintings by Minnesota artist Helen Smith, through July 13, Vanilla Bean.
- Voyageur Art Club opens its art center, 516 S. Ave. in Two Harbors, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, 12-3 p.m. Sundays until end of September.
- Photo art exhibit “History in the Making: A Look Back into Life on the North Shore,” June 26-July 11, Waterfront Gallery. Opening reception and benefit sale, 3-5 p.m. June 26.
- ALS Bookmobile 4:45-5:30 p.m. June 28 on McQuade Road, Cape Superior Inn. More call 741-3840 or visit www.arrowhead.lib.mn.us.
- Caregiver Sharing groups, second Monday evenings of each month from 6–7:30 p.m., Lake View Memorial Hospital in the lower level meeting room. Day group time at same location in Two Harbors second Thursday of each month from 12:30-2 p.m. In Silver Bay, day group time, second Wednesday of each month from 1-2:30 p.m., United Protestant Church. Contact Linda Kinnunen at Community Partners at 834-8024 for more.
- North Shore Rotary meets every Tuesday, 7:15 a.m., Superior Shores Lounge. A club extension meets second and fourth Monday, 5:15 p.m., Dunnigan’s Pub.
- The Two Harbors City Council meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month in chambers at City Hall, 522 First Ave. The finance/personnel committee meets 5 p.m. and the regular meeting begins at 7 p.m.
- Call the Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency at (218) 749-2912 ext. 223 to find out how you can get meals delivered to your home in Two Harbors and Silver Bay. You must be age 60 or older and homebound.
- Harbor Mates social club, for people age 50 or older. A variety of theater and travel opportunities. Call Ann Bradley at The Lake Bank for upcoming events, 834-2111.