Calendar: June 18-30Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to email@example.com, or call 834-2141.
- A Taste of History Lunch, 12-3 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Sloppy joes and showing of “A Tale of Two Harbors” DVD. Cost $4.50.
- Family Adventure Day, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tettegouche State Park. Several outdoor recreation sessions throughout the day will feature: rock climbing, sea kayaking, canoeing, archery and geocaching. No experience necessary, participants under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Space is limited, advanced registration is advised. Call (218) 226-6365.
- Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center open house, campus tour at 9 a.m.; 10 a.m.-4 p.m., explore the trails, canoe Wolf and Raven Lake or try adventure rope course and indoor rock climbing wall; 4:30 p.m., meet education ambassadors. Reserve a free lunch by calling (218) 353-7414 by Monday, June 14. Check in at the office when you arrive. All events are free.
- Superior Sound Gospel Choir, 9:30 a.m., Bethlehem Lutheran Church. Director for the gospel service will be Daryl Johnson.
- Widows and Widowers Dinner, 1 p.m., Dixie Bar and Grill
- Worship service and potluck supper, 3 p.m., Bassett Congregational Church, Brimson.
- Gitchi-Gami State Trail open house meeting, 5 to 7 p.m., Silver Bay City Hall. It will be about the Beaver Bay to Silver Bay segment.
- Pre-concert enchilada dinner, 6-7:30 p.m., United Church, across the street from Thomas Owens Park. $5 per plate.
- “Music for All Ages”, Two Harbors City Band concert, 7:30 p.m., Thomas Owens Park. Director will be Janet MacDonald.
- Knife River Solstice 5K Run/Walk; 2-mile walk at 9 a.m., 5K run/walk at 10 a.m.; kids races at 10:30 a.m. Starts and finishes at Knife River Recreation Hall at the corner of Church Road and Scenic Highway 61. $20 before June 14, then $25. Register at www.kniferiverreccenter.org or call Kelly at 834-2118.
- Toimi School midsummer festival “Kesa Juhla,” 10:30 a.m. with events running past 1 p.m.
- A gathering of the descendants of John and Aina Haveri, 10 a.m., Finland Historical Site. More call Rennae at 834-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demo Days, Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts, 2821 Highway 61 in Castle Danger. See and participate in demonstrations by painters, potters, word workers, jewelry artists, candle makers and more.
- Out to Lunch for adults 55 and older, 12 p.m., Do North Pizza. Reservations needed by June 28. For rides and reservations, call 830-0600.
- Exhibit of watercolor paintings by Minnesota artist Helen Smith, June 15-July 13, Vanilla Bean.
- Voyageur Art Club opens its art center, 516 S. Ave. in Two Harbors, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, 12-3 p.m. Sundays until end of September.