Calendar: June 11-July 11Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
-Missoula Children’s Theatre performance of Robinson Crusoe, 7 p.m. today, 11 a.m. Saturday, THHS.
-Celebrate 40th anniversary of Father Michael Lyons’ priesthood, 11 a.m. mass, 12 p.m. party, Holy Spirit Catholic Church.
- Two Harbors Ukulele Group, 4 p.m., beginner’s session 3:30 p.m., basement of the United Church of Two Harbors. Players of all ages and experience are welcome. They will have a few extra ukes. Call Al at 834-9526.
- Finland Historical Society hosts Tullia Choir from Finland, 2 p.m., Finland Minnesota Historical Society Heritage Site. Alternate rain site is Zion Lutheran Church.
- Sunrise Auxiliary Meeting, 1 p.m., Sunrise Home.
- Handle live sea creatures, bones and jaws as part of Underwater Adventures Aquarium’s program, 4:30 p.m., Silver Bay Re-Union Hall. Also at 11 a.m., Wednesday at Two Harbors Public Library.
- Knife River Recreation Council, Arrowhead Dog Agility Association introductory meeting, 7 p.m., Knife River Recreation Building. Orientation session only, don’t bring dog. Call Judy, 834-5967 days, 834-5957 nights, or Barb at 834-5859.
- Socially Active Seniors program “Listen and Learn Medicare,” 1 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Northshore Chamber Society summer recital, 7:30 p.m., Knife River Lutheran Church.
- Class of 1944 Lunch, 12 p.m., Dixie Bar and Grill.
- Sloppy joe lunch and showing of “A Tale of Two Harbors” DVD, 12 p.m.-2 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center, cost $4.50.
- Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center open house, campus tour at 9 a.m.; 10 a.m.-4 p.m., explore the trails, canoe Wolf and Raven Lake or try adventure rope course and indoor rock climbing wall; 4:30 p.m., meet education ambassadors. Reserve a free lunch by calling (218) 353-7414 by Monday, June 14. Check in at the office when you arrive. All events are free.
- Gitchi-Gami State Trail open house meeting, 5 to 7 p.m., Silver Bay City Hall. It will be about the Beaver Bay to Silver Bay segment.
- Knife River Solstice 5K Run/Walk; 2-mile walk at 9 a.m., 5K run/walk at 10 a.m.; kids races at 10:30 a.m. Starts and finishes at Knife River Recreation Hall at the corner of Church Road and Scenic Highway 61. $20 before June 14, then $25. Register at www.knife riverreccenter.org or call Kelly at 834-2118.
- Toimi School midsummer festival “Kesa Juhla,” 10:30 a.m. with events running past 1 p.m.
- A gathering of the descendants of John and Aina Haveri, 10 a.m., Finland Historical Site. More call Rennae at 834-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demo Days, Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts, 2821 Highway 61 in Castle Danger. See and participate in demonstrations by painters, potters, word workers, jewelry artists, candle makers and more.
- Out to Lunch for adults age 55 and older, 12 p.m., Do North Pizza. Reservations needed by June 28. For rides and reservations, call 830-0600.
- Tofte Trek 10K Wilderness Run/Walk, 7:45 a.m. at Birch Grove Community Center. Visit www.toftetrek.com.
- Socially Active Seniors ice cream and pie social, 5 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Two Harbors Heritage Days.