Calendar: June 4-27Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- Minnehaha Rubber Duck Derby down Knife River, 5 p.m., Knife River Recreation Center.
- Ruberg-Starkovich 3K walk/run, 10 a.m., Two Harbors City Ski Trail. Registration begins at 9 a.m. on race day. Cost $10. All proceeds go to cancer research.
- Silver Bay Yacht Club Ice Out party and meeting, meeting of the members at 3:30 p.m., party starts at 5 p.m., Silver Bay Marina. Guests are asked to bring a dish and a lawn chair. The Yacht Club welcomes new members, whether they have a boat or not.
- Landscape photographer Chris Sandberg workshop, 10 a.m., Sugar Loaf Cove. Space in the class is limited. Call (218) 525-0001 to reserve a spot. Cost $5.
- Learn archery, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Tettegouche State Park. Join certified archery instructors to learn the sport. More, call (218) 226-6365.
- Dance recital by students of Brenda Moe, THHS auditorium, 7 p.m. Cost $5 for adults, $2 for students/children.
- Tettegouche Club 100-Year Anniversary, 10:30 am- 4:30 pm. A shuttle bus will allow easy access to what is normally a hike-in facility. Meet at the Silver Bay High School parking lot for shuttles leaving hourly on the half hour. Free. More, call (218) 226-6365.
- Henry Cole program at 2 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library. Same time June 8 in Silver Bay. Features his work as an illustrator for the 2010 summer reading program.
- Cancelled: “Yesterday and Today” fund-raiser fashion show.
- Sons of Norway meeting, 7 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Dick Thorngren will share 15 minutes about his Scandinavian Heritage. The Two Harbors Ukulele Group will also perform. Food will be served. Send your contributions to the No Bake Sale to Joan Anderson, 521 Laura Lane, Two Harbors, MN 55616.
- Missoula Children’s Theatre performance of Robinson Crusoe, THHS, 7 p.m. June 11, 11 a.m. June 12.
- Two Harbors Ukulele Group meets, 4 p.m., beginner’s session at 3:30 p.m., basement of the United Church of Two Harbors. Players of all ages and experience are welcome. They will have a few extra ukes. More, call Al at 834-9526.
- Finland Historical Society hosts Tullia Choir from Finland, 2 p.m., Finland Minnesota Historical Society Heritage Site. Alternate rain site is Zion Lutheran Church.
- Handle live sea creatures, bones and jaws as part of Underwater Adventures Aquarium’s program, 4:30 p.m., Silver Bay Re-Union Hall. Also held at 11 a.m., June 16, Two Harbors Public Library.
- Socially Active Seniors program “Listen and Learn Medicare,” 1 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Northshore Chamber Society summer recital, 7:30 p.m., Knife River Lutheran Church.
- Toimi School midsummer festival “Kesa Juhla,” 10:30 a.m. with events running past 1 p.m.
- A gathering of the descendants of John and Aina Haveri, 10 a.m., Finland Historical Site. More call Rennae at 834-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demo Days, Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts, 2821 Highway 61 in Castle Danger. See and participate in demonstrations by painters, potters and word workers.
- Voyageur Art Club opens its art center, 516 S. Ave. in Two Harbors, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays until end of September.