Calendar: May 28-July 11Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- Silver Creek Town Hall dance/social, 7 to 11 p.m., all ages welcome. Coffee will be supplied. Bring a treat share.
- SBHS graduation, gym, 5 p.m.
- THHS graduation, gym, 7:30 p.m.
- Annual heirloom vegetable transplant sale for backyard gardeners, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Silver Creek Institute, 1409 Grimmer Road.
- “Abstract Art” lecture with abstract/landscape oil painter Joshua Garcia, 5-6 p.m. Silver Bay Public Library. Also held 5-6 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library, June 2.
- Lions Club bingo, 7 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Homesteaders meeting, 12:30 p.m., Duluth Town Hall on Homestead Road. Program presented by Diane Butterfly Rose, Christian storyteller and singer. Coffee time will follow. More, call 525-4154.
- Meet Chip Cravaack, candidate for Minnesota 8th District in U.S. Congress, 6:30-8 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Ruberg-Starkovich 3K walk/run, 10 a.m., Two Harbors City Ski Trail. Registration begins at 9 a.m. on race day. Cost $10. All proceeds go to cancer research.
- Silver Bay Yacht Club Ice Out party and meeting, meeting of the members at 3:30 p.m., party starts at 5 p.m., Silver Bay Marina. Food and refreshments will be supplied by the Yacht Club, but guests are asked to bring a dish to pass and a lawn chair. The Yacht Club welcomes new members, whether they have a boat or not.
- Landscape photographer Chris Sandberg workshop, 10 a.m., Sugar Loaf Cove. Space in the class is limited. Call (218) 525-0001 to reserve a spot. Cost $5.
- Learn archery, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Tettegouche State Park. Join certified archery instructors to learn the sport. More, call (218) 226-6365.
- Tettegouche Club 100-Year Anniversary, 10:30 am- 4:30 pm. A shuttle bus will allow easy access to what is normally a hike in facility. Meet at the Silver Bay High School parking lot for shuttles leaving hourly on the half hour. Free. More, call (218) 226-6365.
- Henry Cole program at 2 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library. Same time June 8 in Silver Bay. Features his work as an illustrator for the 2010 summer reading program.
- Cancelled: “Yesterday and Today” fund-raiser fashion show.
- Finland Historical Society hosts Tullia Choir from Finland, 2 p.m., Finland Minnesota Historical Society Heritage Site. Alternate rain site is Zion Lutheran Church.
- Handle live sea creatures, bones and jaws as part of Underwater Adventures Aquarium’s program, 4:30 p.m., Silver Bay Re-Union Hall. Also held at 11 a.m., June 16, Two Harbors Public Library.
- Socially Active Seniors program “Listen and Learn Medicare,” 1 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Northshore Chamber Society summer recital, 7:30 p.m., Knife River Lutheran Church.
- Toimi School midsummer festival “Kesa Juhla,” 10:30 a.m. with events running past 1 p.m.
- A gathering of the descendants of John and Aina Haveri, 10 a.m., Finland Historical Site. More call Rennae at 834-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demo Days, Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts, 2821 Highway 61 in Castle Danger. See and participate in demonstrations by painters, potters, word workers, jewelry artists, candle makers and more.
- Out to Lunch for adults 55 and older, 12 p.m., Do North Pizza. Reservations needed by June 28. For rides and reservations, call 830-0600.
- Two Harbors Heritage Days is currently taking applications for crafters, vendors, stage entertainment, parade entries and children’s activities. If interested contact Cheryl at 834-5092.
- Photo art exhibit “History in the Making: A Look Back into Life on the North Shore,” June 26-July 11, Waterfront Gallery. Opening reception and benefit sale, 3-5 p.m. June 26.
- Exhibit of watercolor paintings by Kaleidoscope Artists, Vanilla Bean through June 14.
- Sheila Staubus’ “Sheila’s Marvelous Stuff Ceramic Exhibit,” on display at Waterfront Gallery through June 19. Opening reception 3-5 p.m. Saturday, May 8.
- The art exhibition, Voyageur Artists’ Spring Exhibit, will be on display at Waterfront Gallery from April 10 through May 1.
- ALS Bookmobile 4:45-5:30 p.m. May 17; June 7, 28 on McQuade Road, Cape Superior Inn. More call 741-3840 or visit www.arrowhead.lib.mn.us.