Calendar: May 23-July 11Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- “Superior Sound” spring concert, 3 p.m., Bethlehem Lutheran Church,
- “Fireside Gallery Chat,” 1-3 p.m., Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts, 2821 Highway 61 in Castle Danger. Meet, chat, and learn with our artist member, Rose Kadera Vastila, a potter and educator who fires her pots in sawdust.
The book “Brown Sugar Syrup and Jack Pine Sand” will be released, 6:30 p.m. Two Harbors Public Library. Author Dennis Herschbach will read excerpts from his book.
Socially Active Seniors Out to Lunch, 12 p.m., Vietnamese Lantern. For adults 55 and older. Call 830-0600 by May 24 for a reservation or a ride.
Caregiver Conference, 4-7 p.m. Superior Shores. There will be a dinner and silent auction. Event is to raise funds for Community Partners. Cost $8. Call 834-8024 to register. Call Arrowhead Transit at 834-2190 to arrange ride.
- Silver Bay, Two Harbors graduation ceremonies.
- Silver Creek Town Hall dance/ social, 7 to 11 p.m., all ages welcome. Coffee will be supplied. Bring a treat to share.
“Abstract Art” lecture with abstract/landscape oil painter Joshua Garcia, 5-6 p.m. Silver Bay Public Library. 5-6 p.m. at Two Harbors Public Library June 2.
Lions Club bingo, 7 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center.
- Landscape photographer Chris Sandberg workshop, 10 a.m., Sugar Loaf Cove. Space in the class is limited. Call (218) 525-0001 to reserve a spot. Cost $5.
- Learn archery, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Tettegouche State Park. Join certified archery instructors to learn the sport. More, call (218) 226-6365.
Tettegouche Club 100-Year Anniversary, 10:30 am- 4:30 pm. A shuttle bus will allow easy access to what is normally a hike-in facility. Meet at the Silver Bay High School parking lot for shuttles leaving hourly on the half hour. Free. More, call (218) 226-6365.
Henry Cole program at 2 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library. Same time June 8 in Silver Bay. Features his work as an illustrator for the 2010 summer reading program.
Cancelled: “Yesterday and Today” fund-raiser fashion show.
- Toimi School midsummer festival “Kesa Juhla,” 10:30 a.m. with events running past 1 p.m.
- A gathering of the descendants of John and Aina Haveri, 10 a.m., Finland Historical Site. More call Rennae at 834-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Demo Days, Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts, 2821 Highway 61 in Castle Danger. See and participate in demonstrations by painters, potters, word workers, jewelry artists, candle makers and more.
Out to Lunch for adults 55 and older, 12 p.m., Do North Pizza. Reservations needed by June 28. For rides and reservations, call 830-0600.
Two Harbors Heritage Days is taking applications for crafters, vendors, stage entertainment, parade entries and children’s activities. If interested contact Cheryl at 834-5092.
On-going events, community meetings
- Exhibit of watercolor paintings by Kaleidoscope Artists, Vanilla Bean through June 14.
- Sheila Staubus’ “Sheila’s Marvelous Stuff Ceramic Exhibit,” on display at Waterfront Gallery from May 8 to June 19.
- ALS Bookmobile 4:45-5:30 p.m. June 7, 28 on McQuade Road, Cape Superior Inn.