Calendar: May 16-July 11Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to chronicle@lcnews chronicle.com, or call 834-2141.
- Monthly worship service, 3 p.m., Bassett Congregational Church in Brimson. Potluck will follow.
- Widows and Widowers dinner, 1 p.m., Dixie
- Two Harbors Ukulele Group meeting, 4 p.m. basement of the United Church of Two Harbors. Players of all ages and experience are welcome. There will be a few extra ukuleles. More, call Al at 834-9526.
- Sons of Norway meeting, 5 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Syttende Mai, potluck dinner, concert by Paul Harkness and a DVD showing.
- Socially Active Seniors El Salvador travelogue, 1 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Call 830-0600 if you need a ride. There is a $3 suggested donation.
- “Superior Sound” spring concert, 3 p.m., Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
- “Fireside Gallery Chat,” 1-3 p.m., Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts, 2821 Highway 61 in Castle Danger. Meet, chat, and learn with our artist member, Rose Kadera Vastila, a potter and educator who fires her pots in sawdust.
- The book “Brown Sugar Syrup and Jack Pine Sand” will be released, 6:30 p.m. Two Harbors Public Library. Author Dennis Herschbach will read excerpts from his book.
- Socially Active Seniors Out to Lunch, 12 p.m., Vietnamese Lantern. For adults 55 and older. Call 830-0600 by May 24 for a reservation or a ride.
- Caregiver Conference, 4-7 p.m. Superior Shores. There will be a dinner and silent auction. Event is to raise funds for Community Partners. Cost $8. Call 834-8024 to register. Call Arrowhead Transit at 834-2190 to arrange ride.
- Silver Creek Town Hall dance/social, 7 to 11 p.m., all ages welcome. Coffee will be supplied. Bring a treat share.
- “Abstract Art” lecture with abstract/landscape oil painter Joshua Garcia, 5-6 p.m. Silver Bay Public Library. Also held 5-6 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library, June 2.
- “Yesterday and Today” fund-raiser fashion show, 5 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Models of all ages will be modeling clothing and accessories provided by our local merchants and residents. Cost $10.
- Toimi School midsummer festival “Kesa Juhla,” 10:30 a.m. with events running past 1 p.m.
- A gathering of the descendants of John and Aina Haveri, 10 a.m., Finland Historical Site. More call Rennae at 834-5517 or email email@example.com.
- Demo Days, Northwoods Pioneer Gallery and Gifts, 2821 Highway 61 in Castle Danger. See and participate in demonstrations by painters, potters, word workers, jewelry artists, candle makers and more.
- Out to Lunch for adults 55 and older, 12 p.m., Do North Pizza. Reservations needed by June 28. For rides and reservations, call 830-0600.
- Two Harbors Heritage Days is currently taking applications for crafters, vendors, stage entertainment, parade entries and children’s activities. If interested contact Cheryl at 834-5092.
- Exhibit of watercolor paintings by Kaleidoscope Artists, Vanilla Bean through June 14.
- Sheila Staubus’ “Sheila’s Marvelous Stuff Ceramic Exhibit,” on display at Waterfront Gallery from May 8 to June 19. Opening reception 3-5 p.m. Saturday, May 8.