Calendar: May 1-July 11Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 834-2141.
Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to email@example.com, or call 834-2141.
- May Day 10K begins at 10 a.m., Lake County Arena. For more information or to register, visit www.mayday10k.com.
- Pancake breakfast fund-raiser, 6:30-10:30 a.m., Lake View Memorial Hospital dining room. Lake View Memorial Foundation is a sponsor.
- Tree planting, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Gooseberry Falls State Park. Sponsored by Co-operative Light & Power, 834-2226.
- The play Lion King will be performed, 7 p.m. May 1, North Shore Community School. It will be held at 3 p.m. May 2.
- Homesteaders meeting, 12:30 p.m., Duluth Town Hall. There will be a speaker from Regency Home Health Care. For more info, call 525-4154.
- Socially Active Seniors “Spring Tea,” 11:30 a.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Bring tea cup and friend. Cost $5. Reserve by May 1 by calling 830-0600.
- Gota Lejon Lodge, No. 251 97th anniversary dinner, 4 p.m. Grand Superior Lodge. More, call Arlee at 834-4892 or Pat at 834-4948.
- Superior Hiking Trail annual meeting, Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center, Finland. Call 834-2700 or visit www.shta.org.
- Stephen Dahl, author of “Knife Island - Circling a Year in a Herring Skiff” to discuss book, 6:30 p.m., Two Harbors Public.
Sunrise Auxiliary meeting, 1 p.m., Sunrise Nursing Home.
- American Legion Auxiliary annual spring banquet with department president Marsha Bible as its guest. Social hour at 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m. and a meeting at 7 p.m. Members are free with paid dues, guests $7. For reservations, call 834-4141 by May 6.
- Class of 1944 lunch, 12 p.m., Dixie.
- Sons of Norway meeting, 5 p.m., Two Harbors Community Center. Syttende Mai, potluck dinner, concert by Paul Harkness and a DVD showing.
- Toimi School midsummer festival “Kesa Juhla,” 10:30 a.m. with events running past 1 p.m.
- A gathering of the descendants of John and Aina Haveri, 10 a.m., Finland Historical Site. More call Rennae at 834-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two Harbors Heritage Days is currently taking applications for crafters, vendors, stage entertainment, parade entries and children’s activities. If interested contact Cheryl at 834-5092.