Community Calendar: April 17-26Event listings are free and run until the date passes. Send your information to email@example.com, or call 834-2141.
- “Fresh: New Thinking About What We’re Eating,” a 2009 documentary, will be shown, 2-4 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library.
- Bassett Congregational worship service, 3 p.m., followed by potluck.
- Widows and Widowers dinner, 1 p.m., Vanilla Bean.
- Lake County Mental Health Advisory Council, 10:30 a.m. at Lake County Service Center, Two Harbors.
- Two Harbors Public Affairs Committee meeting, 4:30 p.m., Council Chambers.
- Lake County Master Gardeners class “Garden Design,” 6-8 p.m., Two Harbors High School. It will be held at William Kelley High School at same time May 13. For more information about this class, along with others offered by the Master Gardeners this summer, call 834-8201 ext. 8230 in Two Harbors and 226-4437 ext. 8137 in Silver Bay.
- “The Last of the Viking Voyages” presentation, 7 p.m., Knife River Recreation Center.
- Lake County Citizen’s Advisory Council, 9 a.m. at Lake County Service Center, Silver Bay.
- Socially Active Seniors will present the travelogue “On the Road” with Micky McGilliagan, a trip through our National Parks, 1 p.m., Two Harbors Public Library. No reservations required. More, call 830-0600.
- Silver Creek Town Hall dance/social, 7-11 p.m. The town hall is an alcohol and smoke-free facility.
- Benefit for Bob Hill who was burned severely in a home accident, 1-5 p.m. Spaghetti dinner, silent auction, drawings, music. Admission $10 at the door of Bassett Town Hall in Brimson.
- Free shredding and community rummage sale, shredding 2-5 p.m., rummage sale 12-5 p.m., Pamida parking lot. Shred tax documents for free. Donate children’s books.
- North Shore River Rendezvous, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Beaver Bay Town Hall. For North Shore community leaders and local citizens concerned about rivers. Help build local capacity for current and upcoming North Shore watershed restoration projects. A $10 registration fee includes lunch. More, call 727-4873.
- Age 55 and older driver improvement program 5:30 p.m., Living Waters Fellowship. More, visit www.mnsafetycenter.org.