Calendar: March 12-On-going eventsA summary of upcoming events in the area.
- Two Harbors Public Library story time, 2-2:30 p.m., ages 2-6.
- Silver Bay High School band concert, 7 p.m. at auditorium.
- Arrowhead Chorale Concert, 7:30 p.m. Two Harbors High School. The Arrowhead Chorale will present a world premier performance of music by guest composer, Doug McConnell. Adults are $15 and students are free.
- Discover the birds of winter, 10 a.m. Sugarloaf Cove Nature Center. Loaner binoculars available. Free.
- Choir concert, Two Harbors High School auditorium, 7 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day lunch for seniors 55 and older, 11:30 a.m., Bayview Terrace. Registration required by today. Seating limited. Live Music. $4.
- Two Harbors Library book group meeting, 1:30 p.m., to discuss “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.”
- Two Harbors Ukulele Group strum session at 6:30 p.m., United Church of Two Harbors basement. Please note time change. If you don’t own a ukulele, we will have a few available. More call 834-9526.
- Music to Feed the Soul, 3 p.m., United Church in Two Harbors. All proceeds going to Two Harbors food shelf.
- Minnesota Highway Safety Center will be offering a 55+ driver improvement course, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., Living Waters Fellowship. For more information or to register call (888) 234-1294.
- Socially Active Seniors Out To Lunch, 12 p.m., On the Waterfront Café. Reservations required by March 29. Call 830-0600.
- St. Scholastica Emeritus College class “From Maple Sugar to the Medicine Man,” 2-3:30 p.m. To register, call 723-5940.
- A gathering of the descendants of John and Aina Haveri, 10 a.m., Finland Historical Site. More call Rennae at 834-5517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voyageur Art Club, 1:30 p.m., third Monday of month at 516 S. Ave. in Two Harbors.
- The Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency 2010 Census worker available March 19 through April 20 at its Two Harbors location, 2124 10th Street. The Question Assistance Centers will be open 1 to 4 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursday through Friday.
- Caregiver Sharing groups, second Monday evenings of each month from 6–7:30 p.m., Lake View Memorial Hospital in the lower level meeting room. Day group time at same location in Two Harbors second Thursday of each month from 12:30-2 p.m. In Silver Bay, day group time, second Wednesday of each month from 1-2:30 p.m., United Protestant Church. Contact Linda Kinnunen at Community Partners at 834-8024 for more.
- “An exhibit of oil paintings by local artist, Jean Fleck, on display in the Vanilla Bean Café in Two Harbors through March 29.
- North Shore Rotary meets every Tuesday, 7:15 a.m., Superior Shores Lounge. A club extension meets second and fourth Monday, 5:15 p.m., Dunnigan’s Pub.
- The Two Harbors City Council meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month in chambers at City Hall, 522 First Ave. The finance/personnel committee meets 5 p.m. and the regular meeting begins at 7 p.m.
- Call the Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency at (218) 749-2912 Ext. 223 to find out how you can get meals delivered to your home in Two Harbors and Silver Bay. You must be age 60 or older and homebound.
- Harbor Mates social club, for people age 50 or older. A variety of theater and travel opportunities. Call Ann Bradley at The Lake Bank for upcoming events, 834-2111.