Community Calendar: Nov. 14-On-going eventsA weekly calendar of events.
- The Daughters of the American Revolution (Daughters of Liberty Chapter) will meet and have a pot luck luncheon at the home of Fran Leek at 12 p.m.. The theme is “Cooking in the Colonies” and colonial recipes will be shared.
If you are interested in learning how to become a member please contact: email@example.com
- The regular worship service at Bassett Congregational Church in Brimson will be held at 3 p.m. A potluck dinner will follow.
- Two Harbors Curling Club open house 3-5 p.m. Sunday, 5-7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 16, and 3-5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 22. Bring a pair of clean, rubber-soled shoes and wear comfortable clothing. The club will provide all other equipment. Members will be on hand to demonstrate and give lessons, along with sharing information about membership and league opportunities. Snacks and refreshments will also be provided.
- Toddler Time, 11:15 a.m. at Two Harbors Public Library, 320 Waterfront Drive. For children ages 1 to 3 to listen to stories and do crafts. Toddler Time takes place the third Monday of each month. Call 834-3148 with questions. www.two-harbors.lib.mn.us
- North Shore Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans will have its chapter meeting beginning at 5 p.m. at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Two Harbors. The event will begin with a dinner in the Fellowship Hall. Call Gary Zinter at (218) 226-3442 for a reservation ASAP.
Nov. 17, 19
- Curling club sessions through community education. Register with the Community Education office at Two Harbors High School or call 834-8201, ext. 8230.
- Socially Active Seniors will have its “Out to Lunch” event beginning at 12 p.m. at Dixie Bar and Grill. Reservations required by Nov. 17. For more, call Bunny at 830-0600.
- The Lake Superior School District School Board will meet at 6 p.m. at William Kelley High School in Silver Bay.
- The Carlton-Cook-Lake-St. Louis Community Health Board, noon-1 p.m., in the Stanley Center Conference Room 205, 404 W. Superior St. in Duluth.
- There will be a community Thanksgiving dinner from 12 to 2 p.m. at Holy Spirit Parish Hall. Delivery available for the homebound. Free.
- St. Scholastica Thanksgiving weekend baseball camp at Wellness Center. To register or for information, visit www.cssbaseball.com.
On-going events, community meetings
- Call the Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency at (218) 749-2912 Ext. 223 to find out how you can get meals delivered to your home in Two Harbors and Silver Bay. You must be age 60 or older and homebound.
- Dick Cooter pottery and Debbie Cooter hand weaving exhibit at Waterfront Gallery through Dec. 5. For more information visit www.waterfront-gallery.com.
- The North Shore Rotary Club Two Harbors Area Interact Club each Tuesday morning. The club has approximately 30 members and meets at 7:15 a.m. each Tuesday at Black Woods Restaurant. Interact is Rotary International’s service club for young people ages 14 to 18.
- Harbor Mates social club, for people age 50 or older. A variety of theater and travel opportunities. Call Ann Bradley at The Lake Bank for upcoming events, 834-2111.
- Caregiver Sharing Group meets 1-2:30 p.m. the second Wednesday of every month at the United Protestant Church in Silver Bay.