Community Calendar: Nov. 6-On-going eventsA weekly calendar of events.
- Two Harbors Kids Plus blanket and jacket drive, 4-7 p.m. at Two Harbors Community Center.
- Hunter’s dinner, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Bassett Town Hall, 1434 Town Line Road (Highway 16). Cost is $7 for adults and $3 for children age 12 and younger.
- Office on the Economic Status of Women hosts Northland Women’s Policy Forum noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 7 at Eveleth Campus of Mesabi Range Community & Technical College.
- Knife River Lutheran Church free concert, 3 p.m. at church. Local vocalists, instrumentalists and musical groups. Reception following.
- Sunrise Auxiliary meeting, 1 p.m. at Sunrise Nursing Home.
- Emera Chapter No. 160, Eastern Star, regular meeting, 7:30 p.m. (no dinner) at the Two Harbors Masonic Lodge.
- Fall Poetry Night, 6:30 p.m. at Two Harbors Public Library. Anyone is welcome to come enjoy the poetry or to share a favorite poem.
- The Sons of Norway meeting, 7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Two Harbors.
- Beacon lighting to commemorate the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald, 4:30 p.m. at Split Rock Lighthouse. Open noon to 6 p.m. with a film about the Fitzgerald shown throughout the afternoon.
- Veterans Day programs, see Page 1A.
- Community Partners and Lake View Hospital free workshop on health care decisions, 1-3 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. Register by calling Linda at Community Partners 834-8024. Snacks and beverages will be served.
- The Lake County and Sunrise Home employee Health, Safety and Benefits Fair, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Two Harbors’ United Church basement. Lunch available.
- Community Partners and North Shore Area Partners free Caregiver Luncheon, noon to 1:30 p.m. at Two Harbors Community Center. Reserve a spot by calling Linda at 834-8024 or Tina at (218) 226-3635.
- Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota Adoption meeting, 6-8 p.m. at the LSS offices in the Ordean Building in downtown Duluth.
- Two Harbors Curling Club open house 3-5 p.m. Sunday, 5-7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 16, and 3-5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 22. Snacks and refreshments will also be provided.
Nov. 17, 19
- Curling club sessions through community education. Register with the Community Education office at Two Harbors High School or call 834-8201, ext. 8230.
- St. Scholastica Thanksgiving weekend baseball camp at Wellness Center. To register visit www.cssbaseball.com.
- Snowmobile introductory course, 6-8 p.m. in the Lake Bank/Harbor Insurance conference room (use the alley door). Class will continue in successive days for 11 hours and include a field test for students ages 12 and older. A snowmobile safety certificate is issued to graduates of the class. Register by calling Warren Miller at 834-5923 (home), 834-8645 (work) or his cell at 830-0983. Cost is $5.
- Call the Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency at (218) 749-2912 Ext. 223 to find out how you can get meals delivered to your home in Two Harbors and Silver Bay. You must be age 60 or older and homebound.
- Dick Cooter pottery and Debbie Cooter hand weaving exhibit at Waterfront Gallery through Dec. 5. Opening reception 3-5 p.m. Saturday. For more information visit www.waterfront-gallery.com.
- The North Shore Rotary Club Two Harbors Area Interact Club each Tuesday morning. The club has approximately 30 members and meets at 7:15 a.m. each Tuesday at Black Woods Restaurant. Interact is Rotary International’s service club for young people ages 14 to 18.
- Harbor Mates social club, for people age 50 or older. A variety of theater and travel opportunities. Call Ann Bradley at The Lake Bank for upcoming events, 834-2111.
- Caregiver Sharing Group meets 1-2:30 p.m. the second Wednesday of every month at the United Protestant Church in Silver Bay. Working with elders to keep them in their homes.
- Harbor Center, 111 Waterfront Drive, adult drop-in center providing coffee and activities. Open 12:30-4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with a 1 p.m. monthly meeting every third Monday of the month.
- Family Caregiver Sharing Group meets at 12:30-2 p.m. every second Thursday at Lake View Memorial Hospital in the lower level meeting room. Call Linda Kinnunen at Community Partners, 834-8024.