TH Area Fund awards grants
Last Friday, representatives of the Two Harbors Area Fund and LaBounty Family Fund awarded 11 grants totaling more than $24,000 to local nonprofits and government entities at the R.J. Houle Information Center in Two Harbors.
The area fund grants committee received 21 applications totaling more than $80,000 for the money.
The awards went to:
• Two Harbors Community Radio, $4,985 for low power community radio equipment
• Voyageur Snowmobile Club, $863 for remote radio/speaker project
• Arts on Superior, $2,000 for Fridays in the Park
• City of Two Harbors, $1,000 for 2014 Heritage Days and $6,077 for stage tent project
• Community Partners, $2,000 for healthy eating for seniors
• Just Kids Dental, $1,234 for Healthy Teeth, Healthy Kids
• Lake Superior School District, $1,500 for preschool scholarships
• Lakeview Memorial Hospital, $3,000 for rehabilitation pediatrics therapy
• Northshore Area Partners, $1,000 for 2015 dinner theater collaborative
• Two Harbors Winter Frolic, $1,000 for Winter Frolic 2014
Board members say they are within $150,000 of building their endowment to $1 million.
To donate to the fund, visit www.dsacommunityfoundation.com/donate or call (218) 726-0232.
The THAF is an affiliate fund of the Duluth Superior Area Community Fund and also has the LaBounty Family Fund, Lyle and Trish Northey Family Fund, The Lake Bank Fund and the Wallace and Ellen Johnson Family Fund under its umbrella. Since its creation in 1998, the THAF has contributed over $470,000 to area non-profits and governmental entities.